British Flair & Parisian Chic
This Interview was not only work but fun too. Why? Because we met Géraldine Dietrich in her boutique SMITH`s in
Hegestrasse 31 in Hamburg and went for a little shopping afterwards. The 47 year old mother of one son runs three stores in Hamburg together with her husband. By stepping into the
boutique you can see and feel Géraldine’s original roots. Beautiful pictures and photographies of Lady Di and the Union Jack cover the walls of SMITH’s and are complemented by some vintage elements to create the typical British flair. Besides her home country the Parisian chic influenced Géraldine’s
fashion expertise too. While working for Ralph Lauren she lived in Paris and was inspired by the exclusive and fashionable lifestyle. All her experiences are combined in the concept of the
SMITH’s stores which is a simple and elegant style with an individual twist. In her brand portfolio you can find 7 Chic Avenue, Closed, Bloom and many more.
1. Why is this top your favorite from 7 Chic Avenue?
.. The silk t-shirt is my favourite piece because it is simple yet elegant.
2. When do you wear it?
.. I wear it at work under a blazer with skinny jeans and it makes me feel fabulous all day.
3. What is your favorite accessory?
.. My favourite accessory is my navy blue Chanel handbag.
4. What is your most important piece of make-up?
.. My most important piece of make up is my mascara.
5. What is most important to you, when you decide what to wear? / When you choose an outfit?
.. The most important thing for me when choosing an outfit is that it looks elegant and makes me feel good.
6. What is your favorite item in your wardrobe?
.. My favourite item in my wardrobe is a classic navy blue trench coat from Closed.
7. Your biggest fashion mistake?
.. My biggest fashion mistake was buying “platform shoes” from Prada…
8. What is the first thing you check, when you look in a mirror?
.. How much damage was caused by the party the night before!
9. What is your best styling advice?
.. Keep it simple!
10. What top are you missing in your wardrobe?
.. I´m missing one of 7 Chic Avenue´s long sleeved silk blouses.
Click here for SMITH’s Facebookpage with updates on Events and more.
Photos & Video by Rieka Anscheit